Friday, December 23, 2011

Donald Goines Al C. Clark Best Black author of all time.

Donald Goines was an Excellent writer who opened the doors of "ALL" Black Writers today. The same way Hip-Hop/Rap music has been looking to replace Biggie Smalls, and Tupac Sukur for the last 15 years so has Black Literature been looking to replace Donald Goines......There simply is no replacement, nor will the powers that be allow there to be a replacement. I'm not saying that Donald Goines wasn't the best...because he was and is. I'm saying that the void that was left by his untimely death is being intentionally left void. I had to edit graphic violence from my book just to get published, and that was to be published by a "White" publishing company. All Black publishing companies said that my book was too "Vile"....too graphic and way too "Gangster". This is almost 2012 and Blacks don't have the opportunity we once had ....just about in every field. I am thankful however that Donald Goines did exist in the time he did, because had he existed today.......We would never had heard of him.

Facebook Google+ Yahoo

No comments:

Post a Comment