Thursday, December 8, 2011

Katz's Delicatessen 205 E. Houston street Ny Ny 10002 http://www.katzsdelicatessen.com/

Now that I've been ranked by mafia life magazaine, and Crime inc. Magazine as 1 of the top Gangsters in New York City history I can let the common folk of New York City in on a little secret. Katz's Delicatessen has been open since 1888. Before even electricity. Al Capone, Lucky Luciano, Fankie yale, Meyer Lansky just to name a few have eaten there. Since way before myself (Who happens to be ranked one of the most corrupt Police Officers in history) were on the scene, the Federal Government was well aware that along with the legitimate elite of N.Y.C. the Criminal elite ate there and conducted business there as well. The 1st reason for the "No Police" rule was that N.Y.C.'s criminal elite like John Jacob Astor (America's first drug dealer) were above the law and were annoyed by local civil servants attempting to do their jobs by investigating them while they ate and plied their trade. (Ganglandnews,com, and friendsofours.com would never tell you this) after time passed and this became common knowledge in law enforcement the F.B.I. would conduct surveillance there.The Feds became concerned about the most corrupt Police Department on earth "Tipping off" off local gangsters that they would be meeting their informants in Katz's i.e. Donny Brasko in the 1970's. I still eat there the same way I did when I conducted large scale narcotic transactions there as a Police Officer in the 1990's. The best food on earth has that Katz's deli:). For more interesting historic info you can talk to one of the two Brothers who own it and are there everyday warmly mingling with their ever so loyal customers.

I added a pic today 3-12-2013 of Johnny cakes "from the HBO show The Sopranos" as I ate my favorite of Pastrami on rye with melted swiss Cheese and mustard, a Warm Knish with mustard that was dark brown and soft the only way that Katz can make it, and a "Frank" (I'm from Brooklyn where there are no "Hot Dogs" just Franks) that was still in the Skin, and the best drink "Browns" cream soda.     While admiring the celebrity pics on the wall I noticed a film in production right in front of me. Although I am a published author with two books to my credit, I was too nervous to try and introduce myself to established "Hollywood" folk. I just snapped a pic from under the table to share with the people on the internet :)

http://www.katzsdelicatessen.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment